Muharram ul Haram is one of the most significant months for all Muslims across the world and marks the beginning of the New Islamic Year. Based on the Hijri lunar calendar, Muharram is the first month of the New Islamic Year and is contemplated a holy month, 2nd only to Ramadan in its meaning. Muharram starts after the new moon sighting on the last day of the Islamic calendar. (in Urdu we call it Muharam ka Chand)
Why Is Muharram ul Haram Celebrated?
The tenth day of Muharram ul Haram is known as Ashura. It is an important day for all Muslims. This day marks the day Prophet Nuh left the Ark, and the day that Allah saved Prophet Musa from the Pharaoh of Egypt, crossing the Sea with his group. Shia and Sunni Muslims mark Mourning of Muharram differently.
For a lot of Sunni Muslims, this month is the start of the New Islamic Year and symbolizes reflection and peace. For the Shia Muslims, this month symbolizes a reflective, solemn day in Islamic history.
For Shia Muslims, Muharram ul Haram commemorates the martyrdom of the Hussain Ibn Ali who was the grandson of the Prophet Mohammad (PBUH). After questioning the caliph Yazid’s legitimacy, Hussein Ibn Ali was martyred during the Karbala Battle, which happened on the day of Ashura in 680 AD. Because of the brutality of the combat and the murder of the Prophet Muhammad’s (PBUH) grandson in a month when combating is forbidden, a lot of Shia grieve and remember the bravery and courage of the Prophet Muhammad’s (PBUH) family.
Hadith & Dua Images Status for Fb & Whatsapp
Here is the list of Hadees and prayer to recite in Holy month of Muharram.
Muharram Images, Dp, Wallpapers Quotes
If you want to download Muharram Wallpapers HD, Images, Quotes, Profile DPS, and WhatsApp status, you are in right place.
The Dates Of Muharram ul Haram 2022 (Hijri 1442)
The Islamic calendar is the lunar calendar, and months start on the sighting of the first crescent of the new moon. Since the lunar Islamic calendar year is ten to eleven days shorter than the solar one, the dates Muharram ul Haram change throughout the solar years. The estimated starting date of Muharram ul Haram 2022 is 9th August Tuesday, and the ending date is 08 September 2022. The month will last for a total of 29 days.
Observances Of This Holy Month: Islamic New year
The observances during this month include: A lot of Muslims choose to fast on the day of Ashura (9th and 10th Muharram), as well as on the other days of Muharram ul Haram, for showing gratitude. Shia Muslims also take part in mourning rituals. A few meet at Masjids for crying over Hussain ibn Ali’s martyrdom and to remember the significance of what the Prophet Muhammad’s (PBUH) family did for righteousness, while others do public rituals that comprise self-flagellation with chains, chest-beating, and forehead-cutting.
Whether Muslims are celebrating the start of the New Islamic Year or mourning the loss of life, Muharram is a Holy and significant month for everybody. A lot of Muslims fast, offer extra prayers, and splurge longer hours in the Masjid praying. With all of its complexity, Maharam will always be a holy month of deep reflection for all Muslims all over the world. People also share images with each other about the start of the New Islamic Year and Muharram ul Haram. They also change dp to welcome the New Islamic Year and celebrate this month.
Incidents That Happened During Muharram:
- First day: the seizure of the Grand Masjid in 1979 AD (1400 AH).
- Second day: Hussain ibn Ali enters the land of Karbala and established camp. Forces of Yazid are present. 680 AD (61 AH).
- Fifth day: Urs (the death anniversary) of Baba Farid who was a Punjabi Sufi saint, in 1266 AD (665 AH). His death anniversary is celebrated for six days during Muharram ul Haram, in the city Pakpattan, Pakistan.
- Seventh day: On this day, by the orders of Yazid, access to water was barred to Hussain ibn Ali. 680 AD (61 AH).
- 10th Muharram : Referred to as Ashura (meaning the Tenth), the day on which Hussain ibn Ali was martyred in the Karbala Battle. The Shia Muslims splurge this day in mourning, while the Sunni Muslims choose to fast, remembering the rescue of the individuals of Israel by the Prophet Musa from Pharaoh. A few Sunni Muslims also mourn for the Karbala martyrs. A lot of Sufi Muslims also fast for the same cause as the Sunnis stated earlier, but also for the martyred on the land of Karbala.
- Fifteenth day is the birth date of Muhammad Sirajuddin Naqshbandi in 1879 AD (1297 AH).
- Twenty-fifth day: Zayn al-‘Ābidīn, the 4th Shia Imam, was killed by the Marvanian in 714 AD (95 AH).
- Twenty-eighth day: Urs (the death anniversary) of Ashraf Jahangir Semnani who was an Indian saint Sufi, in 1405 AD (808 AH).
Facts About The Day Of Ashura; The 10th Of Muharram:
- Fasting on the 9th/10th Muharram ul Haram, or the day of Ashura, was mandatory on the all the Muslims before the Ramadan fasts were made mandatory.
- Muharram’s fasting expiates the previous year’s sins.
- As mentioned earlier, Allah Almighty saved the Prophet Musa (AS) and his people from the Pharaoh by the parting the sea.
- The Prophet Musa (AS) as gratitude to Allah accustomed to fast on the 10th day of Muharram and Jews did no different.
- The Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) on hearing the fast of the Prophet Muss also ordered all the Muslims to fast on 10th Maharram, and himself did same.
- The Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) decided to fast on ninth Maharram as well for differentiating from the Jews, but he passed away before he could do that.
Some Misconceptions About Ashura:
A few people think that:
- The Prophet Adam (AS) was created on this day.
- Allah Almighty accepted the Prophet Adam’s (AS) repentance on this day.
- The Prophet Ibrahim (AS) was born on this day.
- Qayamat or doomsday will occur on this day. (we know from hadiths that Qayamat will come on Friday, but doesn’t state which month).
- Whoever baths on this day will never get sick.
All of the above are some fallacies based on some false traditions.
- This day is an unlucky or evil month (because of the Karbala battle).
- Marriages ought to not be held in this month.
This fallacy can simply be removed by this fact that on the same day Hussain (RA) was martyred, and years ago the Prophet Musa (AS) as and his people were saved by Allah Almighty from Pharaoh, which is why the Prophet Muhammad (SAW) observed fast on the day of Ashura and ordered other Muslims to do no different. The day can’t be unlucky and lucky simultaneously.
Videos Beyan, Tajiya, Masiha & Qawwali:
Here is the video link to watch Bayan a about Muharram. And Muharram ka tajiya is also there.