Ten Amazing Sentences about Ramadan: Are you curious to know about Ramadan? Here are ten amazing facts about Ramzan that will definitely enhance your understanding of Islamic month Ramadan!
10 Sentences about Ramadan
- Meaning: Ramadan is the ninth month of the Muslim year based on lunar phases. The literal meaning of Ramadan is scorching heat, dryness and intense burning. It is derived from an Arabic word ramida or ar-ramad.
- Restrictions: Throughout the Ramadan, all the Muslim practice fast that means they are not allowed to eat or drink from sunrise till it sets down. They have to avoid sexual contact, smoking, and any sedative thing. If someone gets involved in sexual intercourse during Ramadan, then they have to fast consecutively for 60 more days. If they are unable to do that then they should feed 60 poor people.
- Timings: Fasting is observed from dawn to sunset only before dawn Muslims eat a pre-fast meal. It is called ‘Sahur’. After sunset, they eat another meal to break their fast and it is called ‘Iftar’.
- Working Hours: During Ramadan in Muslim countries, restaurants, food stalls, juice points remain closed during fasting hours. Food is only served to the non-Muslims. In a few Muslim countries eating and drinking publically is strictly prohibited.
- The most powerful Month: There are five pillars of Islam and Ramadan is one of them. Ramadan is also very significant for the Muslims because in this month Prophet Mohammad P.B.U.H received the first revelation of the Quran. Moreover, the revelation of the Quran is also completed in the holy month so it is also called as “month of the Quran.”
- When to stop fast: If any Muslim is physically every week, old and feeble then he/she can stop fasting but he/she has to compensate by donating money and offering food to the poor. Sick people and people who are travelling can also miss their fast but compensate it later. If a woman is experiencing a menstrual cycle, breastfeeding and pregnancy then she can miss her fast but she also has to compensate later.
- The beauty of Ramadan: All the Muslims are asked to fast during the daylight but countries like Norway and some villages of Canada where there is midnight or polar night can follow the timings of Makkah.
- The lunar calendar is the base of Ramadan. That is the reason behind 10-12 days earlier arrival of Ramadan every year. If you keep an eye on the Gregorian calendar, you will get to know that Ramadan returns to same month after 33 Islamic years.
- End Of Ramadan: Ramadan lasts for twenty-nine to thirty days. Once it gets over, Muslims are allowed to celebrate wholeheartedly. No Muslim can keep fast on the Eid days. People arrange get-togethers; meet friends and family and exchange gifts with each other. Eid al-Fitr starts right after completion of Ramadan and lasts for three consecutive days.
- Parts of Poor in this Month: In Ramadan people give a lot of donations and fundraising dinners are arranged. A lot of people give Zakat in this month specifically because the reward of every good act is increased by manifolds from Allah SWT.
You can view video also for a short overview.
We hope that the above information about the Holy month of Ramadan will be quite helpful for you.
Here are the great lines for Ramzan to write in your notebook!! I would like to add some more sentences. And off course you can add also, please leave in the comment box.